[1, 2 or 3 Star Award Certificate] 8-Hour Kayaking Course (Tai Mei Tuk)
Get your kayak Certificate 1-star, 2-stars or 3-stars in Tai Mei Tuk with Natalie. There will be 8 students maximum per session.
During the 8-hour session you will learn different skills sets depending on your certificate level selected:
- 1-star Award:
- Forward & backward paddling
- Emergency stop
- Launching & embarking
- Sweep stroke
- Emptying by 2 people
- 2-star Award:
- Transportation by single
- Stern rudder turning
- "HI" Rescue
- 3-star Award:
- Draw stroke
- Slap for support
- Individual emptying by the shallow seashore
- "X" Rescue
Natalie is a passionate person who loves taking adventures. She put many efforts to develop her career in different kinds of sports, from the ground to ocean; from ocean to sky, she obtains different coach licenses like kayaking, SUP, abseiling…etc.
Where & When?
- Tai Mei Tuk Watersports Centre
- The course starts at 9:00 am – 5:00 pm:
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am: Gather, changing clothes
- 9:30 am – 10:00 am: Warm-up, Safety Briefing, Equipment Preparation
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm: 123 Star Certificate Content Part 1
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm: Lunch (lunch is not included in the programme)
- 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm: 123 Star Certificate Content Part 2
- 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm: Equipment Cleaning
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Showering, Debriefing, Admin, Sign Certificate
- Remember to bring your own:
- Sun protective clothing
- Changing clothes
- Sun cream
- Water shoe that covers the whole feet
- Windbreaker to keep you warm
- Enjoy Free lockers, changing rooms and shower (free of charge) but remember to bring a small lock for the locker.
- Appysport price included camp fee, cert. fee, and all equipment related to the program.
- Lunch meal is not included
- You need to have the 1-star Award to register for the 2-start Award and you need to have the 2-star Award to register for the 3-star Award.
English, Cantonese and Mandarin
What's required for your safety?
Participants should be aged 12 years old or above and are required to be able to swim 50 meters.
What if you want to cancel?
You can cancel and be fully refunded before receiving your booking confirmation email. After you have received your booking confirmation email:
- No Refund in case of cancellation
- You may reschedule within 30 days in case of Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 3 or above, Red or Black, Rainstorm Warnings.
A minimum of 8 participants is required for the class to take place (you can book if you are less than 8, it's just that the lesson will be confirmed once the minimum is reached).
Classes are subject to weather conditions.