[1, 2 or 3 Star Award Certificate] 8-Hour Kayaking CourseTsam Chuk Wan
Get your kayak 1-Star/ 2-Star/ 3-Star certificate in Tsam Chuk Wan with Natalie. Course still available in winter. Don't let the daunting chilliness stops you from having fun! Wear the featured wet suit to keep you from the cold.
During the 8-hour session you will learn different skills sets depending on the selected certificate level:
- 1-Star Award:
- Forward & backward paddling
- Emergency stop
- Launching & embarking
- Sweep stroke
- Emptying by 2 people
- 2-Star Award:
- Transportation by single
- Stern rudder turning
- "HI" Rescue
- 3-star Award:
- Draw stroke
- Slap for support
- Individual emptying by the shallow seashore
- "X" Rescue
7 days advanced booking required.
Natalie is passionate and enjoy taking adventures. She devotes herself to different kinds of sports and eventually making it her career, whether it is regular sport, water sports or even extreme sports, she nails it. She has coaching licenses in various sports such as kayaking, SUP and abseiling etc.
Where & When?
- Jockey Club Sai Kung Outdoor Training Camp or The Hong Kong Award for Young People Jockey Club Expeditions Center
- The course starts at 9:00 am – 5:00 pm:
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am: Gather, changing clothes
- 9:30 am – 10:00 am: Warm-up, Safety Briefing, Equipment Preparation
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm: 123 Star Certificate Content Part 1
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm: Lunch (lunch is not included in the programme)
- 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm: 123 Star Certificate Content Part 2
- 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm: Equipment Cleaning
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Showering, Debriefing, Admin, Sign Certificate
- Remember to bring your own:
- Sun protective clothing
- Changing clothes
- Water shoe that covers the whole feet
- Windbreaker to keep you warm
- Lockers, changing room and shower available for free.
- All necessary equipment is provided.
- Lunch meal is exclusive.
- Maximum 8 pax. per session.
- English/ Cantonese/ Mandarin
What's required for your safety?
- Participant should have the 1-Star Award to register for the 2-Star Award training, and 2-Star Award for the 3-Star Award training.
- Participants should aged 12 years old or above.
- Participants should be capable to swim 50 m without assistance.
What if you want to cancel?
Once the booking is confirmed:
- No refund in any case of cancellation.
- Reschedule within 30 days in the case of Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 3 or above, or when the Red/ Black Rainstorm Warning is issued.
Classes are subject to weather conditions.