1.5-Hour Beginner Road Bike Group LessonTuen Mun
*Price displayed is per lesson
(Will be available starting on 18 Feb)
What's in it for you?
If you are looking to learn how to operate a speedy bicycle with a lighter frame and thinner tires, this 1.5-hour beginner road bike lesson is for you.
Comparing to other cardio exercises, road biking is ideal for cardio-respiratory fitness training and it gives you better efficiency, so that you can go further using less energy as well as less stressful to your joints.
The road bike techniques and skillsets to be covered:
Self-check road bike condition
- Check tire air pressure, brakes & chain control
Beginner road bike techniques
- Starting and halting
- Basic cornering
- Gear changing
- Cycling in the shape of infinity 8
- Cycling pass a narrow path
- Single-handed controlling
Road safety knowledge
- Basic road bike safety equipments
- Bike hand signals
- Difference between cycling trail and side walk
- Keep left when cycle
- Alert when approach intersection
- Overtake in a safe manner
Each group lesson's capacity is 1-8 pax. and suitable for participants aged 18-65 with basic knowledge of cycling.
All the above techniques and skillets will be taught within the lesson by Sum Sir who is a registered coach with Hong Kong Cycling Association and Hong Kong Triathlon Association.
Since 2012, Sum Sir has been engaging in cycling coaching (incl. road bike, mountain bike, BMX and more). Other than coaching kids and teenagers, he also teaches adults basic cycling techniques. He is a certified and registered coach with Hong Kong Cycling Association and Hong Kong Triathlon Association. Personally, he has won numerous awards in mountain and triathlon competitions in Hong Kong.
Where & When?
- Meeting location: Tuen Mun Wu Shan Cycle Park
- Meeting time: 10:00 - 11:30 (Every Saturday)
- 7 days advanced booking required
- Customer could bring their own bike or pay HKD100 for bike rental if required. Helmet will be provided with advance notice
- Changing rooms and water refills are available nearby
What's required for your safety?
- Wear appropriate sports wear is recommended
- Recommended to wear helmet all the time during the lesson
What if you want to cancel?
- No cancellation or refund after booking confirmed
- Rescheduling is not accepted within 12 hours to the booking date started and it would consider as no show and no refund would be granted
- When Hong Kong Observatory announced there will be Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above, Red or Black Rainstorm Warnings in coming two hours, cycling rental service will terminated and client has to do the rescheduling within a month