2-Hour Beginner Mountain Bike Group Lesson (HK/KLN/NT)
What's in it for you?
This beginner mountain bike class is for those who know how to bike and interested in learning how to ride a mountain bike. Participants will practice the skills in a park before actually riding up in the mountains.
Mountain bike techniques of the following will be covered:
- "Head-pulling" - pull the head of the bike to avoid obstacle
- "Rear-hooking" - pulling the rear of the bike to avoid obstacle
- "Hopping" - a technique based on the previous two to avoid obstacle
- Manual - keeping the front wheel elevated while your rear wheel tracks the ground
- "Stairs" - better control going up and down numerous stair steps in the mountains
- "Cornering" - turn the bike when it wants to go straight
- "Off Camber" - keep the bike go in straight line when it wants to turn down hill
- "Find the line" - find a path that can ride safely and in a stable manner
- "Drop" - overcome big drops which is quite common in the mountains
Class capacity is 1 - 6 pax. and suitable for participants age 18 and above with basic knowledge of cycling.
It takes about 8 classes to cover the basic techniques (subject to the progress of the class, and participants' capability and condition). Class conducted in parks to familiarise participants with the basic skills. The coach would make adjustment accordingly.
The Cyclink provides mountain bike class, road bike class and general biking class for individuals with different aims and goal. All classes are well organised to cater for the different needs of each participant. All coaches are experienced in coaching students with different capability and level.
Where & When?
- Tuen Mun Cycling Entry/Exit Hub
- Po Kong Village Road Park
- Kowloon Bay Park Cycling Ground
- Cyberport Waterfront Park
Mondays & Thursdays
10:00am - 12:00pm
Saturdays & Sundays
2:00pm - 4:00pm
4:00pm - 6:00pm
8:00pm - 10:00pm
- 1 week advanced booking required
- Participants are suggested to bring their own mountain bike, or pay HKD200 for rental
- Wear biking shorts is recommended and gloves is optional
- Clipless shoes/ flat pedal shoes are recommended
- Participants can bring Hex key
- Bring sufficient water and energy bar
Cantonese/ English/ Mandarin
What's required for your safety?
- Participant must be aged 18 or above
- Participants need to know how to bike
- Helmet must be worn during the class
What if you want to cancel?
- No cancellation
- Class begins on time
- When the Thunderstorm warning is enforced, class will be cancelled. Rescheduling can be arranged within 30 days
- When the T3 Strong Wind Signal or above is enforced, class will be cancelled. Rescheduling can be arranged within 30 days