2-Hour Intermediate Mountain Bike Group Lesson (New Territories)
What's in it for you?
This intermediate mountain bike class is for those who have already finished the beginner class and would like to further fine-tune their MTB skills on actual mountain slopes.
Mountain bike techniques of the following will be covered:
- "Head-pulling" - pull the head of the bike to avoid obstacle
- "Rear-hooking" - pulling the rear of the bike to avoid obstacle
- "Hopping" - a technique based on the previous two to avoid obstacle
- Manual - keeping the front wheel elevated while your rear wheel tracks the ground
- "Stairs" - better control going up and down numerous stair steps in the mountains
- "Cornering" - turn the bike when it wants to go straight
- "Off Camber" - keep the bike go in straight line when it wants to turn down hill
- "Find the line" - find a path that can ride safely and in a stable manner
- "Drop" - overcome big drops which is quite common in the mountains
Suitable for participants age 18 and above with basic knowledge of cycling.
It takes about 4 classes to cover the advanced techniques (subject to the progress of the class, and participants' capability and condition). Class conducted on actual mountain slopes. The coach would make adjustment accordingly.
The Cyclink provides mountain bike class, road bike class and general biking class for individuals with different aims and goal. All classes are well organised to cater for the different needs of each participant. All coaches are experienced in coaching students with different capability and level.
Where & When?
- Tai Tong
- Wang Chau Shan
- Tai Lam Chung
- Tin Ping Shan
3:00pm - 5:00pm
- Coach & participant ratio = 1:5
- 1 week advanced booking required.
- Participants are suggested to bring their own mountain bike, or pay HKD200 for rental.
- Wear biking shorts is recommended and gloves is optional.
- Clipless shoes/ flat pedal shoes are recommended.
- Participants can bring Hex key.
- Bring sufficient water and energy bar.
Cantonese/ English/ Mandarin
What's required for your safety?
- Participant must be aged 18 or above.
- Participants should be familiar with biking. Suitable for individual who has finished the beginner mountain bike class, or equivalent, and proficient in techniques taught therein.
- Helmet must be worn during the class.
What if you want to cancel?
- No cancellation.
- Class begins on time.
- When the Thunderstorm warning is enforced, class will be cancelled. Rescheduling can be arranged within 30 days.
- When the T3 Strong Wind Signal or above is enforced, class will be cancelled. Rescheduling can be arranged within 30 days.